Rep. Murt surveys the acreage at Raytharn Farm, which he fought to preserve while on the Upper Moreland Township board of commissioners.
Rep. Murt, a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserve, was recently awarded the Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal by the U.S. Army in recognition of his service as:
- a soldier in Iraq,
- a Pennsylvania state representative,
- a school director in Upper Moreland Township,
- a commissioner in Upper Moreland Township,
- a founder of the Upper Moreland Historical Association,
- a member of the Upper Moreland Education Foundation,
- a coach in the Upper Moreland Little League, the Upper Moreland Soccer Club,
- a coach in the Upper Moreland Hoops Program and the Hatboro YMCA program,
- and a coordinator and volunteer Santa Claus in the Santa Claus Home Visitation program for special needs children.
Pictured are (from left): SSG Murt and LTC Anthony Scioli.
This past summer, Rep. Murt attended the Penn State freshman send-off picnic. Here, he is pictured with Penn State's mascot, the Nittany Lion.
Rep. Murt lectures a group of students at St. John Bosco elementary school about the dangers of bullying.
As the first inductee into the St. John Bosco Hall of Fame, Rep. Murt visits his alma mater for a lively discussion with students.
Preparing for his next home visit, Rep. Murt, dressed in his Santa Claus attire, visits children in the district with special needs, who might not otherwise get a chance to see Santa during the holiday season.